Friday, November 14, 2008

We had a great time...and took so many pictures!

We are back from our Monterey vacation and we had so much fun! Thank you so much Sarah! ;)
We did so many fun things. The first day, we went shopping in Carmel. I love Carmel, it is such a cute place. It was kind of cold that day though and it even rained, Sam loved the rain. Poor Sam, she never gets to see the rain here in Vegas!

The second day, we went to the aquarium in Monterey. This was our third time going there but we love it everytime we go! There are so many great things for the kids to see there. I think Sam's favorite part was being able to touch a starfish, she had a blast.



Also, when we were there, Sarah had a princess party for Meg's birthday. The kids got to wear princess dresses and make magic wands with pretzels and pink chocolate. Cal (Sarah's son) was so funny, he was like"it's all girl stuff!", but I have to say that he was such a trooper about it! He got to wear his Batman costume so that made everything ok! ;)


Then, we went to two different beaches. Here are pictures of Still Water Cove in Pebble Beach. The kids had a lot of fun exploring there!


I love this picture of Sam's feet... :)



And on the last day, we went to Lovers' Point beach in Pacific Grove. The weather was amazing that day and the kids even got in the water.




As you can see, we had a great time with our friends! I can't wait for next time! Thank you again for having us Sarah.

9 comments:

Jaime said...

It sure looks like you and Sam had a great time! I love that area, it's so pretty. You're very lucky that you had sunny weather, nothing like hitting the beach in November! Isn't the aquarium amazing! We've never brought Caitlyn there, as the San Francisco one is much closer, but one of these days we'll make it down there. Glad to see that you had a wonderful time!

Tiffany said...

Wow! That is the most glamorous princess party I've ever seen! How fun! I love your pictures and the aquarium looks amazing! I'll have to do that stop next time!

Jillsblog said...

the beach in November!! That is great! Sam is adorable and loves the camera!!! Glad you had a good time!

Unknown said...

I just love Sam's faces for the camera! So cute. Looks like a great girls' trip together!

Sarah said...

Alex, I love the picture of Sam lying in the sand at Lovers Point beach. I had fun, and I'm already thinking about where I can take you the next time you come to visit!

To Alex's blogging buddies...Any friend of Alex's is a friend of mine. You can count on me to tell you the best local places to go if your ever in the area.

Kim said...

Your trip looked like so much fun. Sam seriously needs to go into modeling. I mean sh is such a ham with the camera and of course she is beautiful! I am a little jealous of the beach time. The older I get the more I am liking warmer weather. I am not a jacket fan by any stretch!

Greene Family said...

It looks like you and Sam had such a fun trip! She is a cutie in all of the pics! How nice - going to the beach in November and actually being able to go in the water!

Melissa Swartley said...

Wow! All of the pictures are great! Looks like you had a fantastic time! I am freezing in this Pennsylvania 40 degree windy weather wishing I was on the beach!

Unknown said...

I love Monterey. We took the kids there this last April and they had just as much fun as it looks like Sam had. Great pics.

Melisa