Monday, November 24, 2008

Another week-end in California!

My friend Gooya has a house in Los Angeles and invited us and some other friends to spend the week-end there. We had such a great time, I think it was a great week-end for the kids AND the grown-ups, we all had fun!
On Saturday, we went to the Los Angeles zoo where the kids had a lot of fun. There were all kinds of animals and the kids got to brush and pet some goats, which was for sure Sam's favorite moment.


That night, we went to this AMAZING outdoor shopping center in Los Angeles called Americana. I seriously could spend all day long there and do some serious damage! LOL
It was so pretty there, they had so many Christmas decorations and lights, they even had fake snow falling off the sky. Needless to say Sam loved the snow!




Then, on Sunday we went to Malibu...I loved it! We bought some food and ate at the beach. The weather was really nice and it was so relaxing. I think even Anaïs enjoyed being at the beach. She was such an angel the entire week-end.






Here is a video of Anaïs at the beach. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO STOP THE MUSIC AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE BEFORE YOU VIEW THE VIDEO.
What a great week-end! It made me want to live in California and be near the beach. It would be so much fun to be able to go to the beach any day we felt like it. I think we are planning on going back for a week-end in the Laguna Hills area when my mom comes for the holidays.


On a different note, this week Sam is the VIP in her class at school. They have a different VIP every week and they get to assist the teacher, sit in a special spot during circle time and take Mona Lisa (the class' guinea pig) home for the week-end. This morning Sam was very proud to pose for a picture in front of her VIP poster.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The beach looks absolutely beautiful! I can't believe I'm looking at pictures of you guys on the beach while the snowflakes are falling all around me! Congrats Sam on being class VIP!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

I LOVE Malibu! Oh so pretty! I wanted to go to Pepperdine University there, but I didn't have the grades :( lol Looks like you have been having such a great time!!

Sarah said...

It looks like Sam enjoyed the beach again! Cute video of Anais. Tell Sam I wished I was the V.I.P!

Unknown said...

Ahhh, the beaches are one of the things I miss from living down in So. Cal. Looks like you all had a wonderful time.

Greene Family said...

Great pics and cute video of Anais! It looks like you guys had another fun weekend!