Tonight we decided to go eat at the park since the weather was so perfect. I love this time of the year in Vegas...when everybody else is enjoying fall weather we finally get to enjoy some bearable heat. The evenings are just so nice!
We put Anaïs in the baby swing and she loved it. She was so cute in it...she looked so tiny!
As always, Sam was such a good big sister. She wanted to push Anaïs and was very careful about it.
On the car ride back home, we had all the windows opened...check out Anaïs' hair!! lol
...you can be sure you will find Anaïs playing with Sam's stuff! Every morning while Sam is in school, Anaïs loves to go in Sam's room and snoop around! LOL Today she wanted to touch Sam's markers and coloring books. She has been showing interest in drawing/coloring lately.
So, these last couples days I have been having a hard time staying on top of my blogging...but that's all over now, I AM BACK!! lol Yesterday, we went to my friend Michelle's house to celebrate her son's birthday. It was a small and casual gathering, the best kind! As usual Anaïs got plenty of attention...here she is with Gooya: The cake looked amazing and was delicious!
The kids had tons of fun as always.
Tonight, we went to another friend's house for dinner.
The kids spent a lot of time playing outside and Anaïs was dying to join the fun! Good thing Sam made sure to give her hugs and kisses all night. :)
This is how she spent most of the night: in the doorway looking at the older kids playing outside.
Things have been pretty busy and hectic around here with Jeff being out of town more often. This week end, my girlfriends and I are giving ourselves a major treat. We booked a suite on the the strip on Saturday night! We are going out to dinner and then on Sunday we are going to the Spa at Encore, can't wait!!
Anaïs had her 15 months old check up at the doctor's this week. She is doing very well. Going to the doctor's office (or anywhere for that matter) is getting a little more difficult now that she's 15 months old. She gets impatient and wants to move around and it is becoming harder to keep her entertained. Here are her stats: weight: 17lbs3oz height: 25 1/2 inches head: 19 1/2 inches She is around the 40th percentile on the achondroplasia growth chart, so I am happy with that. :) Here she is playing with my phone while waiting for the doctor.
When she lost interest in my phone, she moved on to my purse.
The visit went really well but ended with 4 shots so she wasn't too thrilled about that. She also received her flu shot and we will go back when the H1N1 flu shot is available.
Right after her appointment we went to the airport to pick up Jeff who was flying in from Salt Lake. It is so good to have him home.
After we picked up Sam from school, we met up with our LPA friends for a park playdate. The girls had fun playing and running around.
Here is Anaïs eating apples:
Jeff took her down on the slide but she wasn't so sure about that! lol Hanging out with Rachel drinking her bottle was more her thing. LOL
Sam had her very first ballet class yesterday. She loved it!! I like the fact that this place (Nevada Ballet Academy) is serious and pretty formal. The parents are only allowed to watch the class once a month. So we waited out in the hallway which allowed me to meet some really nice moms. :) I could only take pictures right before class started.
Here is the teacher, Miss Monica going over dress code guidelines.
She demonstrated the proper way to fold the socks on Sam, she was pretty proud about that.
I am so happy that Sam enjoyed it, she can't wait for next Tuesday!
10 years ago, I married the love of my life. I am so lucky to have found Jeff, or should I say that he came and found me! :) We have been together for 13 years, I was 16 when we met and he was 20. Since it's our 10th anniversary I thought I would write 10 things I love about him and our relationship.
1) First of all, I love that after all this time together we love each other as much as the first day, actually probably even more. Our love for each other has grown deeper.
2) I love that Jeff knows me better than anyone else!!! I don't even need to talk sometimes he just knows what I'm feeling.
3) From the very first moment we met, Jeff has NEVER stopped making me feel like the queen of his world...NEVER! He always finds that cute and sweet comment to say or that loving gesture to make my day.
4) Jeff always knows how to make me feel better when I am down or not having a good day. I have never had a moment when I thought "I wish he would be there for me". He is always by my side.
5) Jeff is such a good person. He is always good to people. This is a very rare quality nowadays!
6) I always feel like with Jeff I can learn something new everyday! Jeff is the smartest person I know.
7) Jeff is a WONDERFUL father!!! He is always there for his girls and enjoys being around them. He always wants to take care of them and play with them...they love him so much!!
8) I love the fact that I am the only one who knows Jeff's silly side! This is a side he doesn't show to other people and I just really love being the only one to know him that way. He does the most funny things just to make me laugh...even when I feel like being mad! LOL
9) I love the way we can just hang out and talk. One of my favorite things to do with Jeff is going out to dinner and spend several hours enjoying each other's company.
10) Most of all, I just love him because I feel like he was made for me. I could not imagine my life without him, and I have felt that way since the moment we met. I KNEW he was the one. Even if I was only 16, I just KNEW.
Happy 10thanniversay Jeff! I love you so very much!!
I am originally from France and have been living in the US since 1999. My husband Jeff is american and speaks fluent french so we are a bilingual family. We have 2 beautiful daughters Samantha born on 5/27/04 and Anaïs (pronounced Ana-eese) born on 6/6/08. Anaïs was born with achondroplasia, the most common form of dwarfism.
If this is your first time reading our blog, read about how our journey with achondroplasia all started by reading Anaïs' story.
What is achondroplasia?
Achondroplasia is the most common form of short-limb dwarfism. It occurs in approximately 1 in 26,000 to 1 in 40,000 births. The characteristic features of achondroplasia are apparent at birth. These include typical facial features, disproportionate short stature, and rhizomelic (the proximal ends of the limbs) shortening. Diagnosis of achondroplasia is made by physical exam and skeletal x-rays. Most individuals have normal intelligence. Infants and children often have motor delays but cognitive delays are not present. A special infant developmental chart has been made for children with achondroplasia. Final adult height is in the range of 4 feet.