Tuesday, July 7, 2009

NYC...tons of pictures!!!

WOW!!!!! We have been so busy!! I can barely find time to sit down for a second! I am sooooo tired but Jeff is forcing me to update the blog! ;)
Well, too many things are happening here for me to even try to go into details about our days...So here are a couple highlights.
Today, Anais and I met Amy Roloff from Little People Big World!!! I was so excited to meet her!! She was so nice and you could tell that she really cares about talking to other parents about raising a LP child. She talked to Anais, asked me about her health and development and told me a couple of her own experiences with her family. I really enjoyed meeting her! What a nice lady!
Here are some pictures of the welcome reception. It was a lot of fun for the kids, they had games, face painting, tattoos, great food and LOTS of dancing! We got to hang out with our blogging friends which was great! I just realized that I didn't take pictures of them though :( I am sure they will post pictures on their blogs!


We also went to the World Trade Center Museum which was very interesting and very moving...something everybody should go see! Here is where the towers used to be:


All the victims of September 11th 2001:

This is South Street Seaport where we took a boat ride to go see the Statue of Liberty:





Check out how static my hair was! LOL!!!


This is Time Square, I think my mom really loved it!



That's it for today...Sorry that I'm not writing too much, it's late and I'm exhausted!!! We are having a BLAST!!!! We are meeting so many people here at the convention, it's wonderful...it feels like one big family!

7 comments:

Rosie said...

Hi Alex I'm glad you guys got there safe and that you are having a great time. We wish we could be there having as such fun as you guys are. Maybe next time. Thanks for posting picture and keeping us updated and hope you keep up with the blog so that we know what going on

Unknown said...

Thanks for the pictures and update. I got chills looking at the 911 memorial site. You all look to be having just the best of times there! Happy you got the chance to meet Amy Roloff...very cute picture of her with Anais.

Kim said...

We had such a great time with you guys. I have to upload my pictures. You got some great shots of the city! Did you guys have fun on your walk the other night? I felt like we held you up, but it is just so much fun meeting everyone! Anais and Sam are just so beautiful in person. I wish we could have met Amy-maybe next year!

Unknown said...

It was great meeting you Alex, even if it was only briefly! I wish we had some more time to spend together, but you are right - the whole thing was such a whirlwind! I'm so glad you are continuing to have a great time. We had a blast and can't wait for next year!

Melissa Swartley said...

Woo hoo for meeting Amy Roloff!!! Love all the great pic's especially Amy with Anais and then Sam with her Eiffel Tower t-shirt! She's representin' Paris in NYC! Too cute! Haha! You think your hair was static, did you see the guy in the background? He has is real bad! LOL! I haven't been to NYC in awhile, the last time I was there in December I didn't get a chance to see the 9/11 memorial. I'll definitely have to make it in my plans next time! I'm glad your having such a great time!!!

Sarah said...

Thanks for that update! I was wondering how it was going. Call me when you get back.

Greene Family said...

Great pictures! Cute picture of Anais with Amy! It looks like you guys are having so much fun! We hope to meet you next year!