Saturday, March 28, 2009

Why do we love Joe's Crab Shack?

Well, because while Jeff and I eat, relax and talk, this is what Sam does:
They have a cute outside patio with a great playground for kids! We live 5 minutes from the restaurant and every time the weather is nice during a week-end, we usually go have lunch or dinner there!
The weather was perfect today so we went there for lunch.


After lunch, we went to the movies to see Monsters vs Aliens, it was really cute. Sam was so into it! On the other hand poor Anaïs got a little sick during the movie...she felt really warm and was probably running a low fever. She slept during most of the movie and then started feeling much better once we got home. It is still challenging for me to realize how hot she gets ALL THE TIME!!! I know this is very typical for kids with achondroplasia. I think she might have gotten too hot because she was actually wearing pants today...
Anyway, we had a pretty good day. :)

9 comments:

Mike Mallinson said...

Really? I didn't know you guys liked that place! LOL

BTW - nice shirt, Jeff - I have that exact same one! Heheh...

The movie was great, wasn't it? 9 of us went to watch the movie today and it was fun for everyone from 3 - 35 years old!

Unknown said...

We love Joe's too...although we have to travel to Delaware and South Carolina to enjoy it! I am glad that you enjoyed the movie, I was hoping to take Seamus to see it and was just waiting to hear if it got a thumbs up!

Destini said...

We are off to the movies as soon as I tear myself away from the computer to take a shower! I wish we had a Joe's Crab Shack here, everytime I pass one I think about that playground and how great it would be to turn the kids loose so I could actually enjoy the rest of my meal! I know what you mean about the temp thing, John is always telling me that he thinks Trace feels hot...nope, just normal!

Melissa Swartley said...

What a great time! I'm looking forward to taking the girls to see that movie too!

Greene Family said...

Joe's looks like a great place to relax and eat while the kids have fun! Sam looks like she has a great time there!
I can't wait for Simon to see that movie even though he'll probably only make it through half of it before he'll be ready to do something else!

Kim said...

I really want to see that movie, but I think Pres is still too young to sit through it at a theatre. At least at home he watches a movie and plays with toys. I am dying to see it though.
As usual you take great pictures of your girls.

Unknown said...

Dear Alex,

My name is Jason Zollars with the Joe’s Crab Shack Support Center. I noticed your blog, and I am so excited that you and you husband love to go relax and enjoy our atmosphere at Joe’s. I am thrilled to hear that your daughter also loves to go and play on our playground! We would like for you to be our guest next time you come when the weather is perfect or you just want to enjoy our laid back atmosphere. I would like to get your contact information so that we may send you a gift from Joe. Please send your contact information jzollars@joescs.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Jason Zollars
JCS Marketing

Jen Weisser said...

I am so jealous!! I always see commercials for Joe's crab shack & drool! We dont have one anywhere near us! =( I cant wait to take Ethan to go see the movie! Glad to hear it was good!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun place. Sam looks like she had a blast. We have to see the move yet...everyone that has seen it seems to like it.