Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sleep study #2 accomplished!

It's done! Anaïs had her sleep study last night.
We kind of had a rough night...
We got there around 8:00, I fed her some vegetables and then the nurses started to hook her up to all these wires...Anaïs was not too happy about it! At first, they were able to distract her with some toys but then she quickly understood what was going on!
By the time they started sticking stuff on her head, she was pissed.
As soon as she was hooked up, I gave her a bottle to calm her down and to help her fall asleep.
She has had a stuffy nose for several weeks (I can't get rid of it!!) and that was really hard on her last night because as you can see she had a cannula in her nose and it kept on getting all clogged up. The nurses had to unclog it several times during the night which means Anaïs woke up pissed off every time...

Overall, it went ok, but I sure am glad it's over! They said we should get the results in about 3 weeks, I hope the results will be better this time around!

13 comments:

Mike Mallinson said...

I'm glad it went as well as you can expect, for something like that! I'm kinda jealous of the mesh head cover - if Caits had had something like that it might have been easier to keep the electrodes attached...

Hope you hear lots of happy things!!

Kasia and Amelia said...

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I am waiting for Amelia's first sleep study to be scheduled in May (we have scheduled consult for 5/4) and I do not quite know what to expect! But looks like some of our friedns from blogging family have shared their experience. IT HELPS A LOT!
LOVE, kasia and ami

Sarah said...

Awww. Poor baby. You can't help but to feel bad for her looking at those pictures! I'm glad it's over and I hope the results are good.

Jen Weisser said...

Awww poor lil honey! Seems like alot of kids had sleep studies this week! Ethan still hasnt had one yet. But I have a feeling he will need one soon. Hope you get good results!

Unknown said...

Your new blog layout looks so pretty! So sorry for the rough night you had...but Anais is a trooper, and I hope you get great results!

Melissa Swartley said...

Oh man! I remember Sonya's sleep study... not fun at all! At least it went as well as could be expected! I hope your results come back good!!! :)

Tonya said...

All I can say is....I understand why she was pissed! HUGS

Kim said...

Even though you say she was pissed she did not look it-she was happily chewing away on those wires. I would be pissed too if people kept waking me up! I am really hoping for good news on this study for you all! She is such a cutie even hooked up to all those electrodes!

Unknown said...

Hope that the sleep study results go well. All our kids are such troopers with the things they are put through.

MichelleM said...

What a night, I cannot imagine, I am sure it was hard on you as well. I am glad it is over though and hoping for good results. Come home soon!

Destini said...

Sleep studies are no fun! My crazy kiddo actually liked his last sleep study. We were just at the ENT last week and luckily we don't have to do another one! I hope the results come back okay!

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh! I feel so bad that you had to go through that. I just kept thinking about the clogged nose and it makes me feel bad for both of you. I'm glad it is all done with. Let us know what you found out.

Greene Family said...

Poor Anais! She looks so sweet in those pictures!! I can imagine how unhappy she was when they started to hook her up though. I'm glad that the sleep study went ok overall. I hope you get good results back! I hope her stuffy nose clears up soon too!