Monday, October 5, 2009

LPA regionals.

This week end we went to Sacramento to attend the regionals. We had a great time hanging out with our LPA friends and making new friends. Jeff's mom and step father joined us and I think Jeff's mom really enjoyed it as this was her very first LPA event. Our friend Brian was also there with us.
We flew because the drive would have been way too long for the girls (and for us too!). They did really good on the plane.

The first night there we went to the welcome reception and got a chance to hang out with our friends and meet some new people, which is always nice. It's very easy to talk to people at LPA events because you automatically have a bond.

On the second day, we attended the medical forum and the parents discussion group. I think the parents dicussion group is my favorite part of every conference! Then we went to lunch with all the people from the POLP (Parents Of Little People) message board.


On Saturday night, the kids got to enjoy a magic show.
When the magic show ended we headed to the BBQ for some food, games and friends.

On Sunday, we went to the old down town in Sacramento. There were lots of cute candy stores so of course we had to hit one! Sam had fun picking out some candy.

Another great week end with our wonderful LPA friends, I don't know what we would do without them!!

10 comments:

Jaime said...

I'm so impressed that you've got your blog about the weekend posted already! I don't even have my pictures put onto the computer yet! Maybe tonight.

It was so wonderful meeting you and your beautiful family. We had such a great time this weekend! I'm so glad that you made it up!

Caden and Mommy said...

Looks like a great time! Our Region isn't having a fall regional this year :0(

Rosie said...

Alex, I'm glad to hear you had a great time at regional. Maybe next time around will be able to join you guys.. Can't wait to attend my first one

Unknown said...

How fun! What an awesome support system full of great friends!

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! Sam is so cute looking at all that candy.

Unknown said...

WOW! Good job getting it up so quickly. I fall behind when it comes to blogging. We had a great time at the Regional meeting you and your family as well as other new families. Our girls got along great. We hope to see you at the Spring Regional!

Laura Wolf said...

What a great time. It's so mice to meet everyone. Loved all your pictures.

Melissa Swartley said...

Looks like you all had a great time! Yay for LPA events and friends! Holy moley! Barrels of candy??? Sam must have been in heaven!

Kim said...

I get so jealous when I see everyone together. I know I know-I went to New York, but we are such a little family that I miss you guys! I can't wait until Nashville next year. It looks like you had an amazing weekend and I am glad Jeff's side of the family got a chance to go. I love the pics on the plane. I am so happy they had a good time.
I am hoping Anais is feeling better. We are on swine flu watch since the kids in the neighborhood have it and Pres was with them this weekend. We'll wait and see. Speedy recovery to that cute little princess!

Greene Family said...

It looks like you guys had a great weekend! Sam is so cute in the candy store! I would have been like a kid walking in there! :)
We hope to meet you and your family in Nashville next year!