Sunday, October 12, 2008

Little people big world...

The new season starts tomorrow so today TLC is having a Little people Big world marathon that I'm actually watching right now. I was just thinking about how thankful I am for this show. It really makes dwarfism more acceptable to today's society and people can watch the show and realize that little people have normal lives and that they have the same mental capacities we do. I have met people who actually thought that dwarfs were mentally disabled. I have realized that people just don't know about dwarfism and quite frankly I used to be one of them. I seriously knew nothing about dwarfism, I don't even think I ever talked to a little person in my life before we had Anaïs.
Also, I am very excited to announce that Las Vegas is about to have a LPA chapter! The first meeting is a picnic in the mountains on November 1st, I am really looking forward to it!

Now...about our week-end! On Saturday I tried to take Sam and Anaïs to a local pumpkin festival but as soon as we got there, it started to rain and it was really windy. I felt so bad that we couldn't stay. Sam was wearing her Halloween costume and was so excited about it. I took a couple pictures and then we left right away.
Then, at night I went out to dinner/drinks with my girlfriends. We had such a good time and I swear we laughed so much!! My jaw still hurts from all the laughing! We went to a Brazilian steakhouse, the food and drinks were great!


Today, we went to Wal-Mart to get some things for Sam's school. We also baked some Halloween cookies for everyone in her classroom. Then I went to a friend's house who needed help figuring out how to start a blog.
I took this picture of Anaïs about 20 minutes ago, she looks like a little angel! She is such a good baby...always happy and mellow!

6 comments:

Jaime said...

What great news about Las Vegas starting up a chapter! That will be wonderful for you and especially Anais as she gets older. Can't wait to hear about your first event!

Unknown said...

Little angel is right!! Anais is so sweet, I wish I could just give her a squeeze! And Sam looks awesome in her Halloween costume. She is so cute and spunky. Very exciting about the Las Vegas LPA chapter...have a great time at your picnic!

Unknown said...

I had no idea Las Vegas was starting their own chapter. Way to go.

SpinMommy said...

Great photos, Alex. FYI...I changed my blog name: esloseguido.blogspot.com

It's not public yet but I think you still have special permission to access it ;) Thanks for ALL your help yesterday!!!!!

Mike Mallinson said...

Congrats on the new chapter! Are you behind that? I heard at the regional this weekend that a new parent had inquired about other members of LPA from the Las Vegas area... They even suggested hosting a regional in Vegas or Reno soon!

Also, LPBW was great last night. I thought it was really cool that Matt was able to use some of his celebrity "muscle" to help kids who might not have gotten any help otherwise... Keep watching, though, 'cause our backs might be in a future episode - the cameras were all over Detroit this summer!

Destini said...

Can't wait to see the Halloween pictures, Sam makes an adorable Wonder Woman in these teaser pics! Anais is too sweet!