Monday, October 6, 2008

the last couple days...

Well, as usual we have been pretty busy these days!! The month of October is just crazy, we have so much going on! The biggest thing is our trip to Disneyland with a bunch of our friends, I am so excited!!! I don't know who's more excited about it, Sam or me? LOL
Sam will be dressed as Wonder Woman for Halloween this year, she is very excited about that. I am not really dressing Anaïs up this year, all the baby costumes were just way too big for her. I bought her a little outfit that says "Mommy's little pumpkin" and a little pumpkin hat. The hat is very tight so hopefully she won't grow until then! For those of you out there who have kids with achondroplasia you know what I mean! I also bought a onesie from Baby Gap today that has a little candy corn on it and says "short and sweet", how perfect is that for her?
Also, today she had her 4 month old check up. Here are her measurements:
Weight: 10.13 lbs
Height: 21 1/2 inches
Head: 17 inches
She also has some pretty bad head flattening so her doctor is thinking cranioplasty might be an option. She would have to wear one of those little helmets to correct the flattening. I will contact her neurosurgeon and see what he thinks first though. She is doing pretty well and was very good today!
Here are some pictures of the last couple days:


Sam acting silly during her bath. She loves to wash her hair and act crazy in her bath!



We were invited to dinner at a friend's house Saturday night and I told my friend that Sam and I would bake a chocolate cake. Sam LOVES baking cakes!! I took off her shirt to try to keep her clean...as you can see she got to lick the spoon!

On Sunday we went to the Disney club house live show, it was fun! Sam loved every second of it and Anaïs was really good. I think Sam's favorite part was when Little Einsteins came on stage.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmm, that chocolate cake looks delish! Seamus loves to bake also, he gets up on a tall chair and helps me pour ingredients in the bowl. Adorable pics as always!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Awww...I LOVE Disneyland!! My husband and I have a brick in front with our wedding date on it :) I had such a hard time finding Cole a costume last year...I think swhe will look precisou as Mommy's Little Pumpkin!!

Kim said...

Oh my! Preston would LOVE that show and would agree with Sam. His Little Einstein obsession is ridiculous. He loves them!
As far as the head flattening-I would also do a call to Johns Hopkins to Dr. Carson. Preston had the head flattening, but his nurse told me that he is very against helmets for kiddos with achon. Now mind you I never saw Dr. Carson, but was worried about the flattening. Is Anais ready to roll over? Once she does the flattening will even out. Preston has the achon head that is like heart shaped, bigger on the sides, not a big forehead at all. Hopefully she will not heed the helmet.
Her pumpkin outfit sounds adorable. I really need to get on the costume bandwagon. I have NO clue.

Destini said...

Sam has so much energy and the best expressions! We are going to Walt Disney World in December (again) and will definitely not be missing the Playhouse Disney Live on Stage show - it is the best! I am always relieved when Taylor watches Playhouse Disney and Noggin on the weekends - she is already so into Hannah Montana and High School Musical, it is terrible!