Sunday, September 7, 2008

We're ready to go!

Allright, we are pretty much all packed. We leave for Salt Lake City tomorrow morning. Anais' decompression surgery is scheduled for Wednesday. She also has an appointment with an ENT (Ear, Nose Throat) on Tuesday to see what can be done about her sleep apnea. PLEASE keep her in your thoughts!
As I was packing, I found a hat Sam used to wear when she was a baby and I wanted to see how Anais would look with it, she looked so cute! She was smiling and cooing...she looked like a little angel.




These last couple days have been so busy. My girlfriends and I went out to dinner to celebrate our birthdays since 4 of us have a birthday within the same week...four Virgos together could cause some trouble! LOL
Here is a picture of us right before heading out for dinner.
These pictures were taken at the restaurant. We ate at Fleur De Lys at the Mandalay Bay, the food was amazing.

Then, on Friday night we went to Liz's anniversary party. It was a lot of fun, as always.

I have to say that I am so thankful for my Vegas girlfriends, they are the greatest!!
I will keep everyone updated while we are in Utah and will try to post as often as I can. I am not too sure what to expect. I know Anais will be at the hospital for 5 to 6 days to recover from the surgery, I hope all goes well.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I want to kiss Anais' little face! I 'm so mad she is not right in front of me right now. She looks so cute in that hat! You and your girls look so pretty. i wish I could have been ther to celabrate your birthday. I will be thinking of you.

Mike Mallinson said...

Love that pic of Anais! She looks so much like her dad in that picture - hopefully for Jeff's sake she turns out to be as big of a daddy's girl as Caitlin is!

I hope everything goes well for you guys in Salt Lake - keep us posted!

And yes, you should absolutely pick up a copy of "The Audacity of Hope" for the waiting room! It's complex enough it'll keep your mind occupied :-)

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Good luck Anais!! I will keep her in my prayers during this visit to Salt Lake. I really hope the surgery goes perfectly!!
Don't you just love 'girl' time! I do!! It's always so nice to not feel like a mom for a night and feel like a young, single and free woman. You are so luckly to live near Vegas...I'm jealous! My girls and I used to go ALL the time since we lived only about 3-4 hours away. Maybe I'll make it out there again one day soon...gotta convince the hubby :)

mejane said...

Hi Alex. My name is Jane and my son, Jake is 10 months old and has achondroplasia. I've enjoyed reading your blog, among others, and have created my own. Do you mind if I add you to my blog list?

http://thechroniclesofdrake.blogspot.com/

Anais and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers during the next week! She is such a doll!

Kim said...

She is precious! I love that picture of her! What a smile. Of course Anais and all of you are in my prayers. I know it will a sucess and she will bounce right back.
I am glad to see you have such a great group of girlfriends. There is nothing like friends!

Jaime said...

Alex, we'll be keeping Anais in our thoughts as you travel to Salt Lake for her surgery. Love the picture of Anais in the hat! Too cute! Glad to hear that you had a great time on your "girls night out." We all need those sometimes! Keep us posted on how Anais is doing.

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK ANAIS!

Alex and Jeff -- we are praying for a safe surgery and sending many positive thoughts to you and your family.

Jeff - keep me posted!