Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mount Charleston

Tonight we went for a BBQ up at Mount Charleston with some of our friends. It's about a 45 min drive from Vegas and it's so much cooler up there, it was actually pretty cold! It was quite an interesting evening...The site we usually go to was closed, I guess because the summer season is now officially over. So here we are, up in the mountains with nowhere to go! Keep in mind that all of us had kids in the car who were starving and very impatient to get out and play in the mountains! We found a camping site but the manager wouldn't let us stay unless we stayed overnight...we even told him we would pay the overnight fee but I guess he just didn't feel like being nice and told us we couldn't have a picnic if we didn't camp. Matt, one of our friends got into an argument with the guy and I swear that was the highlight of the evening, it was so funny!!!
Anyway, we finally found a picnic site and had a great time!


Sam was very excited to get a chance to wear her new winter hat!


Matt and Jeff grilling the hot dogs

The kids all had fun and loved every second of it!

Jeff and his two princesses

My girlfriends! I love these girls they are amazing friends!


5 comments:

Mike Mallinson said...

Damn - are you trying to make the rest of us look bad? LOL - I just finally got my first post up in two weeks and you've done three in the last four days!

As I said on Facebook, daddys rock. Sometimes I feel all alone out here as the only blogging dad, so it's always nice when y'all post pics of the daddys spending time with their kids! Woot!

Unknown said...

Fun evening! You guys rock for doing so much fun stuff with your kids. Isn't it wonderful experiencing the simple things through their eyes?

Alex said...

Mike your post was awesone...I'm just rambling LOL
And come on, you should be proud to be a blogging dad! ;)

Kim said...

I concur with Emily-you guys really have a fun filled life-always outside with the kiddos. YOu are lucky to live in such a gorgeous area.
Of course as I said on Facebook-I love that new picture with Anais in her hat. Sam has your smile-she is just the cutest!

Destini said...

Anais all bundled up reminds me of the Christmas Story when Randy is so bundled up he can't walk! Still smiling though - she's too cute! Looks like a fun time!