Sunday, May 3, 2009

Anaïs' first time in the pool

This morning we went to our community pool. The weather was beautiful and the water was great! It was Anaïs' first time in the water and I think she really enjoyed it!
Right when we got there, I told Sam I wanted to take a picture of her before she got in the water and she started taking all these poses...she is growing up and it's scaring the hell out of me! LOL!!!
Anaïs had a lot of fun too! She loved the water. Oh, and yes Sarah, I bought her the bathing suit you and I talked about from Old Navy. :) She looked so cute in it!!!


Look...I can float!
Jeff was lifting her up and down and she LOVED that, she was laughing and giggling. Look at that cute little face.
Then, this afternoon we went to the park and met Rosie and her daughters. Rosie has 4 girls and her youngest, who is about Anaïs' age, also has achondroplasia. It was really neat to see her and Anaïs interact.
She has so much more hair than Anaïs that I think she looks older. She was very cute and it was a pleasure to meet them! Rosie, we sure hope to see you guys at the next LPA event! :)
After that, the girls were so tired...Oh yes, I made the mistake to attempt going to Target after the park...BIG MISTAKE! I don't know what I was thinking...

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Scary how quickly our kids grow up. Absolutely love the shot of Anais floating in the water...she is a little fish. So great again that a local chapter is growing and that you are meeting up with people locally.

The Johnson Family 5 said...

What a FUN day!! Nothing better than swimming in a pool. Your girls are so cute and I can't get over your sweet Sam...going on 16!!

Jaime said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day! I sure could use a pool to float in these days, although I guess we would need the warm weather to go along with it. I'm so glad that you got to meet up with another LPA family. It's always great getting to know other families in your area. Keep that chapter growing and maybe you can host a regional sometime! I bet you'd have an ENORMOUS turnout!

Unknown said...

Anais looks so adorable in her little strawberry bathing suit! That pic of her floating is just the cutest. How great to meet another family with a daughter the same age!

Kim said...

That is so great that you met another family! I hope they grow up to be great friend. Anais is so cute in the water. She will be a little fish just like her older sister. Your girls are so super pretty.
I also was on your blog for awhile this morning because I love that Coldplay song!

Danielle said...

It looks like you had a great time at the pool! and I love Sam posing...wait til you see Laynie's poses in her bathing suit - so scary how fast they grow!
That's awesome that you met another family...the girls are too cute together!

MichelleM said...

Rosie is ADORABLE! You are right though, she does look a bit older than Anais. I hope they will be able to have a great friendship. :)
I am loving Sam's 2-piece!

Greene Family said...

Sam is too adorable with her poses! Anais looks so cute in her strawberry bathing suit, and it does look like she had a lot of fun in the pool - love the photo of her floating!
That's great that you got to meet up with another family with a daughter the same age as Anais! I hope they grow up to be great friends!

Caden and Mommy said...

Alex!
We were just watching Vegas Supercross Saturday night ... and Dan couldn't stop whining about how nice the weather looked there ... then you post these pictures of your fabulous pool! If it wasn't for family we would move down south. Looks so inviting!
You have your hands full with Sam ... oh boy - wait until 16 :0)
Anais looks so cute in the water and how fun to meet an LP friend the same age as Anais!
Trisha

Destini said...

So you and I are going to have to share tips on controlling Sam and Taylor when they are teens - we are IN TROUBLE! So glad that Anais loved the pool - Trace hated it at her age! What a great playdate too - Anais will have a lifelong friend - what cuties!

Sarah said...

Cute! I do love that suit!