Monday, December 8, 2008

We're back!!

We got back from Utah yesterday and let me just say this: it's feels so good to be home! We had a fun week there though. I took the kids to see Santa at the mall and of course Sam told him about all the Barbie stuff she wants! LOL

I took this picture of Sam playing outside, could she be any more beautiful?? My princess is so pretty. :)
That afternoon, Sam, Anaïs and I had fun taking pictures! They were both in a very good mood so of course I had to take advantage of that and pull out the camera. Anaïs kept on trying to eat Sam's face, she was so funny and Sam loved every minute of it!






We also went on the Polar Express with some friends from Vegas who happened to be taking a vacation in Park City for the week-end. It was pretty cool to get to see them! The Polar Express was so cute. They had elves serving hot chocolate and cookies and read the Polar Express story. Also, the kids got a chance to tell jokes to the whole train car. Sam had NEVER told a joke in her entire life and didn't know any but she insisted on grabbing the microphone to tell one. Jeff and I were like "what is she going to say? She doesn't know any jokes!"
Well...Sam just decided to go ahead and make up a joke!!! LOL She actually told 2 jokes, here they are:
1) "Why does the hippo have snow on her head? Because it's snowing!"
2) "Knock Knock, who's there? Apple. Apple who? Apple train!"
Yep I know...they don't make much sense but I thought it was so freaking cute!!




Then Santa came on the train!!!! That was for sure the highlight of the night for Sam. Look at her face...I took this picture when Santa appeared and she was waving Hi to him. I love the look on her face: PURE JOY!


A couple days after that, we went on an amazing sleigh ride, it was SO cool!!! We didn't take Anaïs because it was too cold for her so she stayed with Jeff's mom.





So now you all know about our busy week! This holiday season has been non-stop! This coming Friday Sam has her Christmas Program at school and then my mom gets in at midnight on that same night. She is coming from France to spend 2 weeks here with us. I can't imagine spending Christmas without my mom, we are so close! I am very excited to have her here and I know she can't wait to see the girls. Last time she was here was for Anaïs' birth, 6 months ago.
Also, on a different note, we officially paid our registration fee and hotel for the LPA conference. We got an email from LPA saying that due to high demand we should get an email from the hotel to confirm our reservation within the next couple days...I hope everything will work out ok, I would hate not being able to stay at that hotel.

8 comments:

Mike Mallinson said...

Looks like you guys really had a blast! But more importantly, looks like we'll see you in NYC next summer! We're also really hoping to get into the Marriott - if it works like last year did in Detroit, they released more blocks of rooms as the first groups got booked, so hopefully we'll all get to end up there. Hanging out in the hotel bar late at night while the kids sleep is a blast! LOL

Unknown said...

You are so right Alex, you have some GORGEOUS girls! What great shots. The Polar Express and sleigh ride look like so much fun! You are so lucky to have such an exuberant, outgoing older daughter...Anais is going to have a great role model in her big sister!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

What great jokes...I thought they were pretty cute! Your girls are so stinking cute!!

Greene Family said...

Great photos! I love photos of your beautiful girls together! It looks like you guys had a fun week!

Melissa Swartley said...

Looks like you all had a great time! Haha! I love Sam's jokes! I remember when my Zoe told her first made up joke " What did the bacon say to the mop?... Who cares!" Not much sense, but too cute! Love the pic's! Sonya has the same purple hearted fleece outfit!

Kim said...

Wow! You guys have such fun on all your trips! You are my inspiration to do more stuff with Preston. That sleigh ride looked awesome. You are located so perfectly for all types of activities and warm weather stuff or cold weather stuff. As always the kids are beautiful and I am looking forward to meeting you next summer!

Unknown said...

Sam is wonderful with Anais. Beautiful photos. Wish I could be there in NYC to meet so many of you. Looks like it is going to be so much fun. Ashleigh says the same types of jokes too...very cute to hear...probably an age thing.

Sarah said...

Okay the pictures are so cute! I think Sam looks just like you! I can't wait to see snow! I hope Jeff and I can sneek away from, the kids for a day so we can go ski!