Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Too funny!

So tonight Sam said something that was just too cute! Of course the whole thing happened in french but I will do my best to translate it in the most accurate manner. I will write it all down in french first.

Ce soir, Sam m'a dit un truc mignon au moment du dessert:
-MOI: Sam, fermes tes yeux j'ai une surprise pour toi
-SAM: Ok, maman je ferme les yeux
Pendant ce temps, je sors un morceau de chocolat...
-MOI: Vas-y, ouvres les yeux
-SAM: Merci maman, du chocolat!!!
Et puis d'un air très sérieux...
-SAM: Maman, je savais que tu allais me donner du chocolat
-MOI: Ah bon, pourquoi?
-SAM (très sérieuse): Mais maman, parce que je suis ton enfant!

Trop mignon!!


The story in English:
Tonight, right after dinner...
-ME: Close your eyes Sam I have a surprise
-SAM: Ok, mom my eyes are closed
I get a piece of chocolate and tell her
-ME: Ok, go ahead and open your eyes
-SAM:Oh, chocolate, thank you mom!!!
And then she gets VERY serious...
-SAM: Mom, I knew you were going to give me chocolate
-ME: really, how did you know?
-SAM (extremely serious): because I am your child.

I thought that was too funny!!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

She is such a character! And how wonderful that you guys are a bi-lingual family.

Sarah said...

That is funny! Kids do and say the funniest things. Too cute!

Destini said...

I love this age - Sam is too cute!

Mike Mallinson said...

OMG - now that's two things Sam and Evan have in common! The silly faces we already knew about, but everytime we give Evan anything lately he says "I knew you were going to give me that!" Too funny...

Tiffany said...

That's so funny! I love it when our kids have those moments!

Kim said...

Not only is she a major ham with the camera-she is super adorable and wise beyond her years. It is amazing that she is bilingual!

Melissa Swartley said...

Haha! This sounds like something my Zoe would say! Can't get anything past them! Too funny!

Unknown said...

Love the fact that you are a bilingual family. Such a cute age..the things they say are so cute!

Greene Family said...

That is so funny! Sam is at such a cute age!