Thursday, May 5, 2011

Our trip to Hawaii!

We just got back from a week in Hawaii and I think it would be an understatement to say we had a GREAT time!!! This was our first major family vacation, just the four of us. It was a blast and I feel very lucky to have such a great little family...love them so much!!! I have SO many pictures...couldn't post them all! Sam did great on the plane...she kept busy the whole time. When we got to our hotel (which was incredible), we saw this huge pond with tons of koi fish. They were SO active and would come at the surface of the water to get food...the girls loved that!









The best part of the hotel was the amazing pool!!! We spent SO much time by the pool...entire days of relaxing by the water, eating lunch and of course drinking cocktails! ;)


They also had a kids pool with a slide, Sam had lot of fun there.




The beach was right there too. Sam liked the ocean water...








Anaïs not so much! I think the noise of the waves freaked her out. She was much happier hanging out at the pool.










We also visited the island. Gorgeous and so wild! Forests, mountains, waterfalls, rivers...all so beautiful.











Sam loved making leaves bouquets...these leaves were HUGE!


Boat ride on the river:








Anaïs missed the waterfalls, she fell asleep in the tour bus.





But woke up for the next part of the visit ;)








Couldn't stay away from that pool for too long! lol





Then we went to a really great Luau:










Anaïs and Sam had some fruit punch to drink and had a pretty good red mustache from it.






Dancing after a good meal: More pool time...










I mean, really, how could we not spend our days there...look how beautiful!


The girls took a class to learn how to make leis with fresh flowers and seashell necklaces:
















We drove to the top of the mountains and the view was just incredible!













This is one of the spots where Jeff went scuba diving.
















She had to rest a little after all that! lol


AWESOME vacation!!!!!

7 comments:

Rosie said...

WOW!!!! beautiful pictures.. Looks like you guys enjoy ur time there!!!!Now I wanna go...Cant wait to see you guys at national..

Kerri said...

Looks so amazing!!! I wish you would have taken me ;)

Unknown said...

What an awesome vacation! It will be a few years before our kiddos are old enough to go do something like that! I'm so glad you guys are doing fun things! The girls are getting so big!

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

What TERRIFIC pics of a well deserved vacation! Hawaii is so beautiful! Eddie and I were there 5years ago! It was magnificant! The resort pool is where I would've stayed also! The girls look so so beautiful. I particularly love them all dressed up for the luau! What a fun time and such a beautiful family! I always wish you all well. Hope to meet you all someday. Are you guys going to LPA National this summer? Eddie and I will be on vacation together from June 27-July 6. We planned this trip not knowing of the National in Cali. It is a California/Vegas trip. We extended our vacation by one dsy so we could go to the national on the first night which is July 1st. We leave the next day for Vegas. We were hoping to met all my blogging buddies. It would be so great if you were going and we could see each other at the dance that night on July 1st. Not sure of your plans. We won't have our precious Lyla or Emma cause they will be with their grandparents in Florida. Let me know! TTYL xoxo

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning pictures! So glad you all had such a wonderful time! What great memories of a great trip!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! Looks like you guys had an awesome vacation! The girls are adorable as usual - I think it is so cool that they learned to make leis.

Kim said...

Absolutely gorgeous pictures. I am so jealous! The girls look so pretty in all their pictures. I love that they took a lei making course. That is just too cute. The mountain pictures are breath taking. I am so glad you guys enjoyed your family vacation together. What a great time. And Anais is getting sassy like her older sister posing in all her pics!