Sunday, February 27, 2011

My mom's visit.

My mom left today. She came to visit for 2 weeks. We really enjoyed having her here, we always have a great time together and the girls just love her! Here are a few pictures of her stay here...

Visiting beautiful Main Street in Park City:


Walking outside in the cold made us hungry for a hamburger and a beer...lol
Then we took the road for Las Vegas...
Being back in Vegas was great! So many mixed feelings for me...it feels like home and I love going there. There are so many things to do there, the shopping is GREAT (not so great for my wallet though lol), we have so many wonderful friends there, the weather is nice, LOVE our LPA family there etc...
I have to say though that going also made me realize how much I am starting to adjust to life in Park City. I appreciate living in a world class ski resort town, it is so beautiful, simple and healthy and I definitely realize how lucky we are to be able to live here. I am also realizing how much I love these new friends I am making here...such great people!

We also went bowling with the LPA Vegas chapter. I just love these people, they will always stay our first LPA chapter that we built from scratch...we miss them dearly!
My girls and their dear friend Rachel...they both love her so much and she is a great role model for both of them.




We went to Town Square, one of our old "hang out" place in Vegas:
Had to go get frozen yogurt at our old favorite place. That night the girls were so hyper and we had a little too much fun with the camera!

Another place I used to love going when I lived in Vegas, The District...
There was a guy there with some kind of pet lizard and the girls were fascinated by it...me not so much! lol


That's about all pictures we took...
We had a wonderful and can't wait to see my mom again this summer when we will go there!

3 comments:

Lyla Our Little Miracle said...

Looks like such a great time having ur mom there! I saw Anais eating a piece of choc. cake and want to jump into the pics to help her eat it! lol Ur LPA friends look so nice. I am so happy u got to go back to Vegas to see them. Anais looked so happy hugging her friend. How adorable.
Isn't Vegas awesome. That's our favorite place to vacation. Eddie and I go twice a year together without children and he always goes once with the guys to see fights (MMA and Boxing). We have stayed at many hotels there but our favorite is the Wynn. We r going in July. Can't wait. I hope ur mom had a safe trip back.

Melissa Swartley said...

What a wonderful visit from your mom! Looks like everyone had a great time at the LPA get together! Spotted Marty Klebba in the group pic! Awesome!

Kim said...

What a great visit. Love your mom's jacket-so stylish. I have to say, I think it is amazing that you have adjusted to America! It's funny because when I come back to New York I miss it so much (the City, not Long Island), but I realize that I am making a life in Virginia. I'd never be able to have a house like I do there, in New York and I know the schools are great for Preston. New york will always be home though. I applaud you for being in this country. You must miss France.
I love the pictures of the four of you girls laughing and smiling!