Monday, August 10, 2009

Sam built a playhouse

Sam's new favorite thing to do when we're home is to build a playhouse. Nothing fancy needed! Just a couple blankets and she has a blast. I remember that I used to do this all the time when I was a kid with my sister, we loved it!
You know, I must say that I love that about Sam, she has so much fun with the most simple things. She doesn't need the latest toys to have fun.
Here she is in her new "house". The cheetah blanket is actually the door when you fold it down. She took some of her favorite things to put in her house. I thought it was very cute because she put a picture of Jeff, Anaïs, her and I in her house.


Then, she had her first guest over...Anaïs of course!

They had tons of fun in there, I kept hearing them laugh from the living room.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! I remember doing this too with my sisters, and now the kids love it when we build a fort with them! The simple things are just the best!

Unknown said...

Oh, Ashleigh loves doing that with Aidan. They take some of the throws in our family room and make a fort out of it. So cute and creative.

Kim said...

I totally remember making forts with my brothers and sister. We used to beg to sleep in them! That is wonderful that Sam has such an imagination and can entertain herself. Simple things are the best. How cute that she enjoyed her houseguest! She is just a great little babysitter!

Melissa Swartley said...

So cute! I remember doing this when I was a kid and my girls love to build forts in the family room with all of the decorative pillows and our blankets! Love these pic's!

mejane said...

I used to love building forts with my best friend! One of the best memories as a child. I love how sweet Sam is with her sister.

Sarah said...

She really is just the best big sister ever!