Thursday, June 4, 2009

Surgery accomplished!

The surgery is DONE!!! I am so glad it's over!!
Today was a long day...At first, we were told that the surgery was scheduled at 3:45 in the afternoon (which was already so late considering Anaïs had to fast). We arrived at the hospital a little early, around 3:15, and they told us that the surgery should be around 5:20...5:20???? Are you kidding me? At about 4:30, they told us that Dr Park (Anaïs' surgeon) had to do an emergency surgery so we are now scheduled for 6:00...WHAT????? Remember that my poor baby hadn't eaten anything since the night before!
Anyway, long story short she went in at about 6:00 and did wonderful!
Here are the girls hanging out on Nana's front porch today, you would never guess that Anaïs was fasting, she was STILL happy and a joy to be around, what a trooper!

Here she is in the waiting area playing with all the fun toys they have there...one of the many reason why I love the Children's Hospital!

The surgery took about 45 minutes. Right after, she went to the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). She is spending the night there, Jeff stayed with her. She is doing well, she is pretty sleepy but does not seem in too much pain. The doctor said that her tonsils were somewhat big and that her adenoids were huge and were obstructing her nose. She also had a lot of fluid in her ears. She really needed this surgery.


We are relieved and hope she feels better very soon. She might get to come home tomorrow if she does well. Thank you again for all the support and love.

18 comments:

mejane said...

Oh sweet girl! I'll be thinking of her while she recovers. Keep us posted.

MichelleM said...

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry things got pushed back so far. Anais is so amazing. I am so relieved and so happy she is going to have some relief now though. Lots of hugs to you guys!

sharon said...

She was a good girl. So pleased the surgery went well even if a little late. she will feel so much better for it:)

Unknown said...

That must have been a very long, difficult day for all of you! But what an angel Anais is! So glad that everything went okay, I hope the recovery is smooth as well.

Destini said...

What a little trooper! Hugs to Anais, and we are praying for a speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

So proud of her! I would sure be cranky if I didn't eat all day. Glad the surgery went well, and I hope she comes home soon!

Rachel said...

Glad to hear everything went well. I can't believe she had to fast for so long and wasn't totally unhappy. What a trooper for sure! Keep us posted.

SpinMommy said...

What a trooper...I'm glad it was worth the wait and she did so well. I'm sending you positive vibes for a speedy recovery! I hope Sam was able to enjoy some coloring on the long drive over ;)

Jillsblog said...

She is the cutest....glad to hear she got it done!! Sorry to have waited so long...we had an MRI pushed back 5 hours once and JD was not a happy camper....

Anais is simply adorable...let us know how recovery goes...

Kim said...

Oh Alex-she is so precious even in the PICU. I just want to pick her up and give her hugs! What a trooper-there is no way I could go without food that long. Poor baby! I am hoping she is back to her happy Anais self very soon. Hugs!

Unknown said...

6 o'clock...wow. I thought waiting til noon for Aidan was hard but for a child to wait that long is like torture. The surgery was the best for Aidan and this will be a good thing for Anais as well.

Greene Family said...

Anais is such a trooper!! I'm so glad the surgery went well, and I hope she has a speedy recovery! Adorable pictures, as always!

Bobbi said...

Wow...I can't believe she did so well for having been fasting for so long. Way to go, Anais! I hope she is now home from the hospital and having a smooth recovery. Hugs to you all!

Heather said...

She is always so good natured. Wish her Happy Birthday for us. We will call tomorrow.
Love,
The Adams Family

Courbieres said...

Joyeux anniversaire Anaîs!!!!
Bravo , tu es la plus courageuse des petites filles :)
On t'aime très fort
Sonia, David, Alizée et Sédona

Joyeuse f^te des amans à ma soeurette !!!!!

Kasia and Amelia said...

Oh Anais is such a brave, great natured munchkin....I continue to be impressed by her, I already mentioned tht she is our hero, little angel!! I pray that this is her last surgery ever! She will certainly feel better.. Blessings!

Melissa Swartley said...

What an angel! I'm so glad things went well! Sorry to hear that the schedule was a bit off though. Anais is just too adorable with that baby doll! Great pictures! We'll be thinking of her as she recovers! hugs! :)

Sarah said...

I'm pissed they made you wait! What a day for you. I have to say though... your one of the only people that has the will to make your baby wait. Your so strong Alex and your a great mother!