Monday, June 8, 2009

SO busy...

The last couple days have been so hectic for us!! Anaïs finally got out of the hospital yesterday. She was having some issues with her oxygen levels, they would occasionally drop when she was asleep.
They sent us home with oxygen to use at night, which we are not too excited about. I just don't think it's realistic considering she wants to take off the cannula and pulls on it as soon as we put in on. We have an appointment with her doctor tomorrow to follow up and this and see if she really needs the oxygen or not.
With all that, she ended up spending her first birthday at the hospital. Here is the birthday girl.
Sam was very good during all this and was very worried about her little sister. She took great care of her on her birthday.

The hospital staff was wonderful! They made a birthday card and poster for Anaïs and sang happy birthday for her. It really made the day a little better.

I can't believe my little baby is one already!! Time goes by so fast!
Anaïs has taught me so much and has made me such a better person. She taught me to be more accepting of others and she made me look at life in such a different way, a better way. She has opened the doors to a whole new world with the most amazing people I have EVER met. I am learning something new everyday with her...I am so very lucky to have her in my life, she is my little hero. I know for people who have never had to deal with being "different" or having a "different" child it seems so scary and you are probably wondering "how do they do it?" but guess what...I can honestly say that not only are we "doing it" but we are loving every minute of it and we would NEVER change anything about our baby girl...NOTHING! She is who she is and she is perfect the way she is. She has so much strength and happiness in her, I never feel sorry for her. So please, don't feel bad for her or us because I know she will have a wonderful life and we are so very lucky to be a part of something bigger, an incredible community with wonderful people. I absolutely love every second I get to spent with our new friends in the LP community. Also, to our "blogging family"...you guys are the best and I could never make it without all of you!
So thank you Anaïs for introducing us to this whole new wonderful world and for making everyone around you better people. We love you so much little girl!!!

Also, a couple days ago, Sam got to do something very special, she got her ears pierced! She had been waiting to get it done...
She did really good and didn't even cry, although I could tell she wanted to. She is so brave!


On this picture you can tell that she is being so brave...poor baby.

13 comments:

Melissa Swartley said...

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY ANAIS!!!! I'm sorry to hear she had to spend her 1st birthday in the hospital, but I'm so glad the staff was so sweet and helped make the best of it! Oolala very pretty Sam! You are such a brave girl! I bet she's so excited to wear all the different kinds of pretty earrings! :)

Destini said...

Happy Birthday Anais! It has been great watching her grow over the past year! Glad you are at home, and I pray that she continues to do better and that the oxygen isn't really needed! Oh, Sam is going to have so much fun picking out new earrings, Taylor loves getting new earrings!

Kim said...

Happy first birthday Anais! Wow a year really has flown by and it has been a privilege to get to watch Anais grow this past year and of course Sam and to watch you all grow as a new family. Your post had me a little misty. I truly don't know what I would do without all of you in my life. It is a special bond and I love that God has given us our little ones so that we all met!
I hope Anais is able to get off the oxygen very soon. Sam was a brave little girl! She looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Anais! Glad you are finally home. Sam is such a good big sister -- I'm sure you are really proud of her!

Glad Sam got her earrings. She is so cute!

Caden and Mommy said...

Alex~
I'm so happy to hear Anais is home and she didn't have airway issues after the tonsillectomy. Caden wears .3 liters of oxygen at night. He has become accustomed to the canula and even holds it in place while I tape it on :0) Let us know how the doctor's appointment goes.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post about your amazing baby girl! I'm so glad Anais is doing well and is home safely with you. Happy Birthday Anais!

sharon said...

What a beautiful post. I'm pleased you managed to make the most of the change of plans for Anais birthday..this year has gone very quickly. I feel excatly the same as you re having Fern and know i am not part of the blogging family but get so much siupport from reading all of them...thank you. I hope the oxygen isnt for too long.xxx

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Umm Ok...let me first start by saying that I got all teary eyed reading this! We do have such a GREAT group of friends on here don't we!? So incredibly lucky to have found each other.

Happy Birthday Anais! You are such a beautiful, outgoing, adorable little one year old! We can't wait to meet you soon (2 more weeks)!!!!

Katie said...

Happy 1st Birthday Anais! So happy she is home. I know how you feel as we feel the same way about having a child with special needs-truely a blessing and it really does enrich our lives.

~Katie

Jaime said...

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY ANAIS!! I'm sorry that it was spent in the hospital! But glad to know that you are home and that she is doing well. I can't believe that she's one already, it's been wonderful watching her, as well as Sam grow since we "virtually" met. Looking forward to the day we get to meet in person.

SpinMommy said...

You go, Sam!!!

Bobbi said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Anais!!! What a bummer she had to spend her 1st birthday in the hospital, but at least the staff took great care of her☺ Is she still on oxygen at home now? Oh...shopping for girly earrings is so much fun. What a brave girl Sam is!

Rosie said...

Hi alex happy to hear everything went good. I will be going through the ears tube procedure on tuesday and I'm a bit nervous. Don't know what to expected. I also start a blog myself it www.babydestinyhope.blogspot.com I just started it Let me know how it is