Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Our week-end in California

We had such a great time! We stayed at Jeff's mom's condo, which is really nice. Sam feels right at home every time we go there, she knows exactly which room is "hers".
The girls had fun just hanging out at the condo...

On Saturday, we went to our first LPA playdate, which truly was a wonderful experience. We are looking forward to many more!! We met some incredible people there and I could not believe how nice and welcoming everyone was with us. I was a little nervous about not knowing anyone there but it didn't feel that way at all! Sam made friends with two cute little boys there, one of which had a rare form of dwarfism. Anaïs got plenty of attention and loved every second of it.
It felt so GOOD to talk to other parents of kids with dwarfism, I felt right at home. :)
We are planning on attending the LPA spring regional in April...I can't wait!
After the playdate, we went to an outdoor shopping center and I got to do some shopping at Crate and Barrel, which I love!
On Sunday morning we went to a beach called Dana Point. It was a little cold for me, but Sam had fun there playing in the sand with Jeff.
I'm in trouble, Anaïs is already making faces for the camera! LOL





Then, Sunday afternoon we went to Balboa Island. For those of you who live in Southern California, this might sound lame and like such a tourist thing to do but I absolutely LOVE going there!!!!! When Jeff and I were dating and I visited from France for the summer, he took me there and we keep such good memories of that day. Sam loved taking the little ferry to get there.

I love the beach at Balboa, I think it's such a pretty beach!




Sam and I went on the ferris wheel there and we had a great time on it!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What gorgeous pictures! I can't get over how big Anais is getting...she really is looking like a little girl, not a baby anymore! The shot of her sticking out her tongue is just the cutest. What a great family getway, so glad you enjoyed it!

Mike Mallinson said...

We're so disappointed that we didn't get to meet up with you guys while you were over there! We usually try to make the Lil Littles playgroups because the Armentas are so wonderful, but this one just wasn't gonna work out... :-(

Looking forward to the Regional, though!

Tonya said...

Great Pictures!!! I am glad you enjoyed the playgroup!! Anais in the tongue pic looks familiar...has she been hanging out with Knoah? :)

What a special time you had!!

Catie said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful weekend. The pictures are amazing, you have such a beautiful family! I especially love the pic of Anais sticking her tounge out! Too funny.

Kim said...

You take the best pictures-but then again you have such gorgeous daughters! I love that picture of Anais sticking out her tongue-she is getting to be a little jokester like her big sister. I am so happy you enjoyed your little getaway. The beach looks like such a great place right now. I am so sick of winter even though we are spoiled in VA.

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you guys came too. And as a new family, I'm so glad you felt welcome. It's always so good to talk to other parents who know what you're going through. Maybe next time we'll have some more families come. I'm glad you got to go to the beach while you were in So Cal. It's one of our favorite places. Looks like you had fun!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

What a FUN weekend! When I was in 6th grade my class went whale watching in Dana Point and Balboa Island is so much fun! Who cares how touristy it is...we are all touristy when we come to your neck of the woods! I can't believe how big Anais is getting! Time sure does fly...

Tiffany said...

What fun pics! Sounds like you had a good time!