Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sam can bake!

This afternoon we baked a chocolate cake...actually I should say Sam baked a cake since she pretty much did everything on her own. She only needed me to give her directions but I swear by next year she'll be able to bake a cake without my help. She loves it.
Here is a part she loves to do: breaking the chocolate into small pieces so we can melt it.
Here she is measuring doses with our french measuring cup, since all the measures are different in french recipes. Who has time to convert everything right? lol
Flour...
Sugar...
The eggs were tricky for her, she was a little nervous but she did a perfect job! No shell pieces in the batter.


Mixing...
Now the fun part...

And of course Anaïs joined her for the fun!

We had the cake for dessert tonight and it was really good, great job Sam!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

I bet Sam loved making that cake! Caty loves to lick the spoon afterwards too!

Caden and Mommy said...

You girls are so domestic ~ I love that Sam made the cake from scratch rather then a boxed mix. So fun breaking up the chocolate. Also, your house looks fun, I like how the kitchen opens up/flows into the kitchen. Anais sitting on the counter is so cute, Caden loves to do the same. :0)