Thursday, August 26, 2010

First grade!

Today was the big day...my baby started 1st grade!!! I can't believe it!!!
Sam was very excited to go to her new school and make new friends, she was SO ready! I was the nervous one today, I get all emotional when I think how fast these last 6 years went by. I still remember being home with my brand new baby 6 years ago like it was yesterday.
I took a picture of her before we left the house but she was so eager to get going that I couldn't really get her to pose... LOL
Once we were in the car and on our way she was much more relaxed.
I just had to try for more pictures when we got out of the car.
Walking to her classroom:
In front of her classroom:
I love the fact that there are only 19 kids in her class, this school is great!
Sitting at her desk:

She said her first day was great and she was already invited to a playdate tomorrow.
We love you Sam and we are so proud of you for who you are!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great to have only 19 kids. Both of mine have 30 kids...yikes! I knew she'd do beautifully on her first day.

Jen Weisser said...

Hooray for a great first day! It must have been very scary for both of you! She's such a beautiful girl!!

RG said...

Good job, Sam! Enjoy this time, Alex. I vividly remember walking Ty to her 1st grade class and now she's going to high School! :( Funny side note: Ty's 1st grade teacher is now Emma's 2nd grade teacher....I'm so excited! :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on a great first day, Sam! I hope you have a wonderful year in first grade!

Jaime said...

Congrats on a super first day of school!! 19 kids in the class - that's awesome! Caitlyn's got 25 in her kinder class. Hope that Sam has a wonderful year in 1st grade!!

Destini said...

Have a great year in First Grade Sam!

Greene Family said...

Yay for a great first day of first grade! I hope Sam has a wonderful year! That's fantastic that there are only 19 kids in her class!