Monday, February 8, 2010

Busy week-end!

We had a pretty busy week-end. On Saturday, I ran my very first race, a 5K. Besides the fact that it was raining pretty hard, it went well. My time was 30:59 which I'm ok with considering this was my first race EVER. Here is an action shot: That evening we had the Valentine's LPA party. We had a wonderful time, as always!
Anaïs was excited to show off her new walking skills.

Sam got to decorate cookies and do a craft, she was busy the entire time we were there!


Here is Anaïs and her good friend Destiny. They are only 2 weeks apart in age and both have achondroplasia, they are pretty lucky to have each other!


They got to eat some chocolates and got pretty messy!


Great party!
Then, on Sunday Sam and I had a playdate with her best friend from school, Kylee. Since it was too cold for the park, we went to McDonald's for an ice cream cone that way they got to play in the playplace there. Sam had so much fun!

That's pretty much it for the week-end. Jeff is already back in Salt Lake for work and the girls and I drive up on Wednesday since Anaïs has her MRI an Friday...hopefully it will be good and we can be done with surgeries and medical appointments for a while!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you on the run. I admire how dedicated you are on working out. I wish I had the time to work out like you. We had our LPA Vday party this last week too. Looks like you had a great time as well. Hope all goes well with the MRI this week!

Melissa Swartley said...

Congrats on your 5K! That's awesome! Looks like the girls had a wonderful time at the LPA V-day party! Destiny and Anais are adorable together! Sam is so sweet, what a great picture of her enjoying that yummy icecream with her friend! We will be praying for good MRI results!!!

Kim said...

Congrats! That is a great time for running a 5K. I don't run at all so any time is impressive to me. Love the LPA cake! Anais and Destiny are adorable, love the shots with the chocolate drool.
Sam's ice cream cone looks delicious. She looks like she had a great time at the party.
Good luck with the MRI!

Rachel said...

Love the cake! Looks like a fun v-day party. Congrats on the 5K. Don't you feel so good when it's done? Next you should try a 10K!

Greene Family said...

Congrats on your first 5k! That's great!
It looks like the girls had a lot of fun at the V-day party! Anais and Destiny are so cute together!
I hope the MRI went well and that you get good results back!