Monday, April 20, 2009

That's it!!!

I want to live by the beach!!!! LOL

We went to California this weekend and I didn't want to leave!!! I love going there, Jeff's mom has a really nice condo there and I just love the area, it is just beautiful! We had a really fun and busy week end! We were lucky because the weather was absolutely beautiful! On the first day, we decided to go to the beach. We went to Crystal Cove, in Newport Beach. We went to Trader Joe's and bought food to have a little picnic on the beach...it just doesn't get any better than that!
Sam was so excited. Her new thing is to say "I'm dancing the Cha-Cha because I'm so excited!" LOL!! This is her dancing the Cha-Cha!!! I swear it is IMPOSSIBLE to be bored around her, she is just too funny!
Anaïs loved hanging out on the towel, she was really good!


After the beach, we went back to the condo to shower and rest a little.
Jeff's sisters went to Disneyland a couple weeks ago and bought a 3 day pass but only used it for 2 days so she gave us 3 tickets for Disneyland. We were not planning on going there, but how could we not???? Free Disneyland tickets? You just don't turn that down. It was so nice of them to do that!!
So we didn't tell Sam and just told her that we had a surprise for her and that we were going to spend the evening at a very special place. Needless to say that when she saw we were going to Disneyland she was SO excited!!!! We were there from around 6:00PM to 10:00PM. It was great!


Anaïs' first ride was Roger Rabbit...it was a little rougher than we remembered! LOL
But she enjoyed it!
Sam and I went on the spinning tea cups, I was so dizzy after I hard a hard time walking for 10 minutes!
After, we even got to see the fireworks. It was such a fun night!
Then, on Saturday we went to the LPA BBQ. We had a wonderful time! We feel very lucky to be a part of such a wonderful and welcoming group! Since our chapter here in Vegas is just getting started, we have been trying to attend events in CA since we have a place to stay there. Everybody there has been so nice to us!! We have met amazing people! I want to say a special thank you to Mike who always makes sure to include us in all the events!
The kids had a great time too! Sam played non stop and we barely saw her throughout the day.




On our last day, we just could not go home without going to the beach one last time. We went to Laguna Beach...so beautiful!









What a fun weekend...can't wait to do it again!!!!

11 comments:

Bobbi said...

Looks like you had an awesome wkend! Wow...no way could you turn down free Disney tix. That is so great that Mike includes your family. He's a great guy! Your so lucky to be able to travel not too far to get to the beach...I'm jealous... :)

Unknown said...

Wow! That looks like such an awesome weekend! Sam is hilarious with her "Cha-Cha" and Anais looked so adorable in that little denim skirt! I'm sitting here drooling over those beach pics...I think I need some sunshine!

Danielle said...

Great pictures! It looks like you had such a fun weekend! And how great that you got to go to Disneyland for free...that is awesome! And again, I'm jealous of all of you who get to meet up at events!!

Destini said...

What a great weekend! You guys are always off doing something extra fun! Sam is hilarious, love the "Cha-Cha"! I'm jealous of the LPA meetups too!

Kim said...

What amazing pictures. It looks like you had the greatest time. yes I can see how Sam must keep you entertained constantly. What a cool surprise to go to Disneyland. I agree, you cannot pass up free tickets. How nice too that you are so involved with the LPA for Anais. It looks like you guys are meeting lifelong friends.
Sam and Anais are gorgeous!

Mike Mallinson said...

We were so glad you guys could make it! I totally have to steal your pictures - you guys got some great ones... And yet another reason you need to move down here - Jeff needs some freakin' sun! LOL - he's almost as white as me!

Melissa Swartley said...

Wow! You really had a fantastic weekend!!! The "cha cha dance" is too funny! How awesome.. free Disneyland tickets!!! Love all the great pic's! Anais is too cute laying on her beach blanket!

Sarah said...

Can't wait to have you go again too! that look Soooo nice and I even live by the beach!

Caden and Mommy said...

Alex!
Yeah for a fun weekend ... I would have had to spend more then half a day at Disney ~ I'm already more then excited for the 2011 national in Anaheim :0)
Trisha

Greene Family said...

Wow - what a great weekend!! I would want to move there too! Sam is too cute with her dancing and excitment! What an awesome suprise to go to Disneyland! Sam and Anais are so adorable in all of the photos!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Aww my old stompin grounds! How I love Cali and miss it! What a GREAT weekend! Seriously..the beach, Disneyland and a fun LPA even...what could be better?! I really hope we get to meet while I'm in Vegas!!