Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Goodbye Shadow...

Today, we had to say goodbye to Shadow. I feel so bad because Jeff is currently out of town and Shadow is his dog. He started getting really sick about 48 hours ago. He was almost 18 years old! He had a happy long life.
Jeff was a teenager when his parents got him Shadow. I know that many times during his challenging teenage years he felt that Shadow was his only true partner and friend. He loved Shadow very much and will miss him!
Sam also LOVED Shadow...she was sad today but she is a very brave little girl, she understands that Shadow was sick and old and he is now sleeping up in the stars with Nikita (our old dog) and my dad. These pictures were taken in March 2007.
Today Sam made two cards, one for Nikita and one for Shadow... I guess it was her way of saying goodbye.
Goodbye from all of us Shadow, you will be missed.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Shadow looks like she was a wonderful dog!

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry. I know how hard it it to lose a pet! They are like part of the family and it looks like Shadow was a sweet dog.

Catie said...

I'm sorry. Sending you ((hugs)).

Chrystel said...

je suis desolee... c'est bien triste, surtout pour Jeff :(
bisous a toute ta famille.

Greene Family said...

I'm so sorry for you loss. Shadow looks like such a sweet dog. Sam is such a beautiful girl - that is so sweet that she made cards for her dogs.

Melissa Swartley said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure you have many fond memories that will always be with you! Looks like Shadow was very loved and happy to be with you all! How sweet of Sam to write those cards!

Kim said...

I'm so sorry Alex. Sending you all big hugs!

Sarah said...

Cal is crying right now, and we had to have "the talk" about what happens after you die. He just left my lap and he is super sad because he thinks he has to leave his toys. I shouldn't have told him what this post was about I guess.

Nat said...

Oh my goodness, I remember Shadow. What a sweet dog.

Trent and Suzanne Bray said...

This was very sad for all of us. Shadow was a part of my life for 18 out of the 23 years I've been alive. Fortunately I've got my own (obnoxious) dogs to help me through it now.