Thursday, July 17, 2008

Nice break from the heat!

Jeff wanted to go to Salt Lake to get some work things organized so I thought the kids and I would go too so we could get away from the crazy heat we've been having here. Sam was really excited to go see Nana and Papi (grandpa in french). She got to play with all her cousins! While we were there, we took the kids to the zoo since our zoo here in Vegas isn't very good. When we used to live in Salt Lake, we would take Sam to the zoo pretty often...I'm not sure who had more fun, her or us! LOL
We also took Sam to a pretty cool children's museum, but we had to leave in a hurry because Anais threw up on me, that was fun...NOT! Poor Anais throws up a lot after she eats.
While Jeff had to work, I did some shopping with the kids which was interesting at times...like when Anais threw up (yes, again) and Sam peed in her underwear at the same time! I also took Sam and Anais to a petting zoo where they have all kinds of farm animals. Sam really enjoyed feeding them and she also got to ride a pony.
Besides that, we didn't really do anything but it was so nice to just relax and not have to do the everyday stuff (dr's appts, errands, cooking etc...)
Also, for two nights in a row, Jeff's mom took Anais with her and WOW, what a nice break that was for us. We had two restful nights!

We just got home this afternoon and it is still just as hot but it is good to be home. We are going to Salt Lake again in about a week because Anais has an appointment with a geneticist up there on the 29th.

Anyway, here are some pictures of our trip:



Before we could leave, Sam had to make sure I had packed her suitcase right, she is so controlling...I wonder where she got that? LOL

Here are some pictures of the zoo:





Sam and her cousin Aiden at the zoo



Pictures from the children's museum:


Kisses:



Just hanging out:


Petting zoo:



Anais enjoying the petting zoo LOL




8 comments:

Kim said...

What a nice trip. The pictures are adorable. Sam looks like such a fun little girl and full of spunk. Your girls are beautiful!

The Johnson Family 5 said...

What great pictures of your trip! And...what an AMAZING mother-in-law to take such a young baby for 2 nights in a row...aww I wish!! We don't have family near us here in Texas so it's just a dream for me! Looks like you are all doing well!!

Alex said...

I know what you mean Katie...we don't have family in Vegas either so that was a nice treat! My family couldn't be any further from us, they are all in France!

Jaime said...

Alex, it looks like Sam had a great time at the zoo! I love the last picture, the one of Anais sleeping in her car seat. I have a few of Caitlyn in that same pose, and she and Anais look so much alike. I'll email you one. I'm thinking that maybe I will have to do a blog of Caty pictures from birth until now, since most of the LP mom's reading my story never saw pictures of Caitlyn before I started my blog. I have so many pictures, it might take me a month to sort through them. Thanks for sharing your pictures from the trip!

Alex said...

OMG Jaime I would love to see pictures of when she was a baby!!

Caden and Mommy said...

Alex!
What great pictures! I'm so glad you were able to get two great nights of sleep - awesome! Your girls are adorable!
Trisha

Tonya said...

Alex, good pictures!!

I hear you about the throwing up! Hannah had horrible reflux and would vomit anywhere! It got to the point where she would throw up and I would tell the store clerk, "hey, my daughter just threw up, it's in aisle 10" and go about my shopping. Sad what we parent's get use too. ;)

Sarah said...

After a night like last night and getting no sleep, I would pay your MIL to give me a break from Tes.

I liked the picture of Sam at the zoo on the Elephant, thats awesome. Wish I was there.